Jan 20, 2011

Run for cover! Here comes a gut bomb! (courtesy of Starbucks)


So, Starbucks has announced its new size, the Trenta (which sounds like a pharmaceutical company to me). The Trenta will be a 31 ounce mega-gulp of Starbucks goodness.

I drink a lot of coffee during the day, but I don't think I want to have it all in one sit down. Still, I'm sure the Trenta will be a hit.

What I really want to talk about is the info-graphic showing the various sizes of their drink as compared to a soda can,... and a human stomach???

Is it just me, or is this kind of gross? This doesn't make me want to try a Trenta sized Starbucks drink. It makes me think of the episode of Mythbusters where they test pop-rocks and soda in a pig stomach. It makes me feel kind of gross and I imagine that every time I see a Trenta sized drink I'll think of this graphic.

The thought of a bloated, sloshy stomach doesn't make me think "tasty treat."

What say you? -Oran

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: