May 12, 2010

"THUNDARR!" A Parker Brand ATC Sketch


Tonight's ATC sketch brought back a ton of childhood memories of Saturday morning cartoons. I think it's great that kids these days can tune-in to Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Disney at any time of the day. I really do. Still, there was something special about getting up early on a Saturday and looking forward to toons like "Thundarr the Barbarian." He was this mashed up character who had all the things that a boy could love. He kind of looked like He-Man, he had his very own "Chewbacca," lived on a "Mad Max" type Earth, and I'd be a blasphemer of the worst kind to forget his kick ass "Sun Sword." Who didn't want a sun sword, right? Yeah... I miss that show. Like I said, this little card got me thinking about all of that. I'm glad I did it. If you dug on the Saturday morning toons of the 80s then I hope it brings back some memories for you too.

No comments: