Mar 6, 2010

You Don't Know Dick (or "Revisiting Grayson")


So, we had a lot of fun stuff to do today as a family. First we went to my daughter's testing, which will decide whether or not she gets accepted into the art program at Lake Charles Boston Academy of Learning (she did really well, by the way). We had a fun lunch, spent some time in the sunshine out at Prien Lake Park and then went to Hobby Lobby to get the kids some new art supplies (they earned them by doing good on their report cards).

I had some time to crank out a quick sketch in my book of heroes, and had Nightwing on the brain. I've drawn him before, but I recently traded my pal Erik the original art (of which you can buy the print in my Etsy Shop) for a really sweet Dick Grayson/Nightwing action figure. I wanted to have another piece of original art that featured Mr. Dick Grayson as Robin, Nightwing and Batman, so I broke out the sketch kit and put down some ink and marker for about 20 minutes.

The sun, my family, some ink... a lot of dang fun, I tell ya.


BONUS: My wife cracked me up on the drive home. She said, "you know, it's starting to stay lighter a lot darker." Now, I know she meant "lighter a lot later," but it was still pretty funny.

Anyway, I've got more things to post real soon, but the "real" job has had me pretty much buried up to the eyeballs. Don't count the Parker Brand out though. I'm not out of creative juice yet. See ya!

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

Nice! Grayson is a legend - you did good yet again. Would love to see your take on his "disco" outfit too sometime! :)

Unknown said...

That would be pretty fun! I think everyone likes to forget that uniform, but at the time it was awesome. I can remember reading that issue of the Teen Titans and being blown away. I really didn't expect him to ever change his name or outfit. It was pretty rad. I'm a huge George Perez fan, so I would have liked anything he did, back in the day. This piece was pretty sketchy, but it's still fun. I always appreciate you stopping in, brother.