Feb 21, 2010

"Don't Look Back" A Supernatural Artist Trading Card (4 of 6)


I had about 30 minutes of down-time before my wife and I head out for the day. I figured I'd use it work on the 4th card in my Supernatural ATC set. As I've stated before, I really wanted these to look somewhat like the real characters on the show, so it's important that I get the small nuances on their faces right.

Here we have Papa Winchester, the big man himself. Jeffery Dean Morgan was the perfect actor to play this part, and I miss his character quite a bit. I think the look on John's face says it all; sorrow, worn out, but still carrying on the good fight. The Winchesters are a tragic bunch and I think the acting by Morgan really portrayed the tragedy of their lives. John Winchester definitely carried a lot of weight around, and now his boys have to do the same.

Anywho, I'm really having a lot of fun with this set. Once it's complete I think I may do a follow up set that hits on all the key players on the show. As usual, I'll keep you folks posted as that develops. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Thom Trahan said...

These are really looking amazing. Keep up the good work!

Wynn Ryder said...

Not familiar with the show, but these cards are expertly drawn. Love 'em :)

Scribe Girl said...

I don't watch the show, but I know Jeffery Dean Morgan. The card makes me wonder what he's thinking. Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Thanks you all so much for stopping and looking at these. It means a lot to get the positive feedback. I hope you all enjoy seeing the set unfold.