Feb 21, 2010

"The Voice Says I'm Almost Out Of Minutes" A Supernatural Artist Trading Card (5 of 6)


I thought I might have one more sketch card in me tonight, so I figured I'd take a stab at Castiel. This card was the most challenging so far. Cas has a pretty smooth face and the character doesn't have a lot of expression (he's an emotionless angel... what do you expect).

Honestly, I have to say that I'm not as happy with this one as I am with the other 4. I think that it looks somewhat like Cas, but it's not as accurate as the others. I struggled with Misha Collins' lack of facial expression (that's the part, gang... playing Cas is a subtle art and Misha does it well). Misha is an expressive and talented actor, so basically, if this Cas card isn't great then it boils down to my lack of skill.

I added a bit of red for the blood on this one. I thought it might be cool to have one card in the set with a touch of color.

Anyway, I'm putting the art supplies to bed for the evening. Next up... the Trickster!

No comments: