Jan 11, 2010

Saucy Fun With Photoshop (or "Delicious Saucy Balls" Ha!)

I met with a client the other day to discuss an ad that needed to run in a publication handed out to baseball fans. After going round a few times on a concept, I convinced everyone that the ad needed stopping power first and foremost (folks are there to watch a game, not read our ads). The product our ad was supposed to promote was a delicious sauce that my client produces (seriously,... it's freakin' delicious). We had to get that point across pretty quick because I knew we would be fighting for attention with the activities taking place at the game.
We opted to go for a really strong graphic that might catch the eye of a baseball fan, but get the message across that their sauce is yum-yum and versatile. I won't go to far into it, but the concept required some Photoshop know how on my part (here's another, similar project for the same client), plus I had one of those thread-the-needle deadlines, so I didn't have much time to go back and forth on the layout. I needed a plan of action, and quick.
What I've posted here is the finished ad and the photo elements I shot to create the main graphic. I'm not 100% pleased with the final composition of the elements (you know how it is; ad this, move that, what about this color, it has to say such and such, etc., etc.) . However, I think the graphic turned out pretty nice for a quicky, fake-o, chomped on baseball covered in grillin' sauce.
Hope you enjoyed this quick little post. Now, get out there, buy some sauce, then go eat some... balls?
Wait,... that's not right.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I love doing these kind of projects in Photoshop. Something very rewarding for me to bring pictures together like this to accomplish the goal. Thanks for sharing!