Jan 19, 2010

Parrot-Head Want A Cracker?


Ever have one of those days that you just know is going to be long and crummy? Well, today is going to be one those days for me. I'll be chained to my desk today, with a parrot-head squawking on my shoulder (if you don't know what I'm talking about, then count yourself among the lucky). Days like this reduce me to a lever puller and button pusher (you like comic sans... oh, that's a wonderful choice, sir). It's a necessary evil, I suppose. Necessary, why? Well, advertising pays the bills and when the bills are paid then I can truly be present when it's time to have a creative sit-down with my kids and their markers (like we did this past Sunday-see the pic?). No deadlines. No expectations. No dancing monkeys. Just good, creative fun. See, it's that kind of stuff that provides the juice I need to deal with the squawking parrots. Oh, and what turns a person into a parrot-head? Simple; going to way to many marketing seminars and only picking up on the buzzwords. I'd say that buzzwords are the cause of 90% of the parrot-heads in the world. Anyway, I'll be back to regular programming tomorrow... I'm off to "re-stimulate those memory-files." See ya.

No comments: