May 25, 2010

"Firestar" A Parker Brand Pencil Sketch


I had plans on doing a "Firestar" (most of you will probably remember here from "Spider-man and his Amazing Friends") ATC sketch tonight, but when I actually sat down to draw I lost the itch to do a card. I just felt like I'd like to work on something a little bigger, so I broke out a piece of 8.5" x 11" Bristol. I really struggle when it comes to drawing women. I have this tendency to over hatch things. I tried my best to pull back on this sketch and just leave it alone. I also struggle with female anatomy. I really hate drawing the typical comic book girls who "defy gravity," so I try to give my ladies shape without "fake." I don't know... I think I fail, for the most part, but still I try. Anyway, for good, or bad, here she is... Firestar! I'm not sure if I want to destroy this with ink, or not. Aw, hell... I'll probably ink it eventually. It's the only way to get better at it. Thanks for popping in! Leave a comment, if you don't mind.