May 4, 2010

"Flight of DD Valkyrie" A Parker Brand Micro-Sketch


Man, the weather couldn't be much better here in Southwest, Louisiana. When it's this beautiful outside (literally, not a cloud in the sky) I try to get out for lunch and enjoy it. I had an hour, so I stopped by the park to do a bit of sketching. As I've said in previous posts, I'm trying to add more female heroes and villains to my "book of heroes" sketch book. Today I figured I'd add another of my favorites to the mix... Valkyrie! She's always been a pretty cool looking character. I sort of see her as the female Thor. I remember when I was a kid, reading my Dad's comics, and seeing her in the Defenders, swooping in on her pegasus. Pretty bad ass lady. I thought it was cool to have a character like her around, although I've got admit that I always wondered how she got her,... um, ....uh, ...her armor on. Anyway, hope you dig. Thanks for poppin' in!

No comments: