Feb 17, 2010

Soon: A Supernatural Artist Trading Card Set Begins (or "Get Thee Behind Me Sam Winchester")

I've been stuck in the wild and wacky world of advertising for the past couple of weeks. The deadlines can get to you after a while. Getting away from the computer and picking up a pencil and pen is a big release for me. I told myself today that I'd take a personal break to start working on a new ATC set based on my favorite show, Supernatural.

Look, this show is on the CW; not known for great TV, in my opinion. But, honestly, Supernatural is tops. Quality acting, writing, directing combined with high production value. It's scary. It's cool. It just got picked up for it's 6th season. If you're not watching it, then you should be. Anyway, this ATC set is going to include 6 primary characters from the show; Sam & Dean Winchester, John Winchester, Castiel, Bobby Singer and the Trickster.

I wanted to crank out the Sam card tonight and I wanted it to be really rad, something that captures Sam in all his demon killing glory. I hate sketching out specific characters and them looking generic, like they could be anyone. I'm pretty happy with the likeness on this one. I'm still having trouble with the tiny format of the ATCs, but I can see our boy Sammy emerging from this card. I really wanted to catch that moment where he's yanking out the demon smoke. Those scenes are pretty bad ass on the show (go watch this RIGHT NOW if you don't believe me), so I hope I did it some justice here.


I plan to work on this set over the next week. I'll post the cards as I'm done. I did post this card a little bigger than normal because the detail seemed to work, even at a larger size. Next up, brother Dean (watch this for Dean's greatest moment).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Followed this link for Jim Beaver's twitter. You do fantastic work. Will you be selling the John Winchester card??

Anonymous said...

Followed this link for Jim Beaver's twitter. You do fantastic work. Will you be selling the John Winchester card??

Unknown said...

I'll be selling prints of all 6 cards in the set for $10 a set once I complete them all. If you're interested, I'll be posting info about that on my Twitter feed and on my creative services site www.parkerbrandcreative.com