Feb 9, 2010

Social-Lite: An Introduction To Social Media For Small Businesses

I will be presenting Social-Lite: An Introduction To Social Media For Small Businesses to the West Calcasieu Association of Commerce at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 11.


This presentation was a bit challenging because social media is an extremely broad subject, and the time alloted for the presentation is only 30 minutes. I was told to assume that most of my audience would have little to no knowledge on the subject.

I tried to be as lean as I could on the slides because usually they are only there to support what I'm saying to the audience. I decided to add a bit more content to this presentation in the form of pro tips for the note-takers, or for those who may view it online after the event.

The presentation gives an overview of what social media is, how it's grown and what it means to small businesses in general. In trying to distill the content, I focused on 4 aspects of social media marketing; You Tube, Facebook, Twitter and Blogging.

My hope is that this presentation will stimulate business interest in social media marketing in Southwest Louisiana.

To view my other presentations, visit my Creative Services site.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: