Jan 5, 2010

Inking "Grayson": Part 2 (making some progress)

I sat down with the kids for arts & crafts time again. That's always a perfect time for me to sketch something out, or work on an ongoing project. If you've been following this blog then you know I've been working on a new piece featuring Dick Grayson a.k.a. Robin, Nightwing & Batman. I posted the pencils a couple of days ago, then inked up Nightwing last night. Tonight I put my attention on Batman. I'm pretty satisfied with the way he turned out. Honestly, I think it could be better, but the only way for me to get better is to ink my own  pencils (they're the only ones I have). The biggest problem I face is time. I really only have 45 minutes to an hour each night, so I've really got to hurry. All things considered, I'm happy with it. It's for hobby, so I don't have anyone around to criticize. Tomorrow night I think I'll ink up Robin and then see whether or not I want to do some rendering with my Copic markers. Thanks for lending me your eyes, time and comments. You visitors keep a guy motivated. 

Posted via email from So, what does Oran Parker post?

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I totally understand the issue of time. Now that I have a family, its tough to make time for drawing, I do most of it on my lunch breaks now. But its looking good though bro, your getting better for sure.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it