Nov 1, 2009

"Wing" A Parker+Brand Micro-Sketch

My son and I had most of the afternoon to ourselves, and the weather in Southwest Louisiana is great (for a change), so we decided to throw a blanket on the ground and sit outside and draw together. I had picked up some new brushes and wanted to take them for a test drive. Don't know why, but I've been on this Batman family kick for the past few days and I figured I'd take a stab at doing a Nightwing (the original Robin) sketch. I was happy with the pencil work, but I really do not like the new brushes I purchased. There really is no sub for a good Windsor & Newton, Series 7 Sable #3 brush. Since I'm not a professional it's not so bad to use sub-par tools, but if I had to do an illustration for pay then I would definitely re-invest in the Sable #3. The inking tools I'm using now are great for fun & hobby, but every time I dip one of these cheaper brushes in the ink I know I run the risk of destroying my pencils. Anyway, my son & I got to spend some quality creative time together and we had a good time. That's what counts. This time I've posted the pencils, inks and my grey ink additions. Thanks for taking the time to look at my work. 

Posted via email from So, what does Oran Parker post?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I'm not familiar with the character, but the drawing is amazing. I don't see how it could be better with a different brush. Thanks for putting it up for us to see.