Feb 22, 2011

No, you can't have my "Creepy Classics" finger puppets!

Dollar Tree. What a fantastic repository of junk... for a dollar.
I usually go there to get things that I don't mind messing up... paper plates, paper towels, off-brand window cleaner. Stuff like that.

I never expect to find anything cool... and I never, ever, ever expect to find anything super-atomic cool.

But I did.

In fact, I found 6 somethings... and they are very, very cool.
Meet my new "Creepy Classics" finger puppets!


Super-atomic awesome? You betcha! They are totally craptastic, made in China, plastic junk based on monster movie classics like Dracula, Curse of the Werewolf, Frankenstein, King Kong, Godzilla, and the Mummy.

I can't imagine any kid having much fun with these crummy little guys, but damn if I don't dig 'em!
For cheapo Dollar Tree junk I think they have a little special something that makes them fit right in on the Parker Brand desk.


What's really awesome is that they're all carrying these little billy-clubs (at least I hope that's what they are).
Now, why the hell these movie-monsters need billy-clubs is beyond my ability to comprehend, so I won't even try.

Just accept the strange.

Accept it.

The packaging was pretty ho-hum, covered in dust (I don't imagine they're flying off the shelf), but what I really dig is that they each came with a little trading card of each monster's classic movie poster. It's actually kind of cool (again... just accept this as fact).


Anyway... I needed a break today, and the $6 bucks I spent at Dollar Tree on these terrible treats provided me with that, so I figured someone out there might appreciate them too.

And if you ever come by my office don't try to swipe 'em. I'll be watching... with a billy club. ;)

-Oran


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: