Nov 17, 2010

Eben Alexander Parker Update

I've been promising an update, but as you can imagine, it's been kind of crazy over here.
Here goes...
We're finally home, and Mom is doing well.
She's still got plenty of pain, but we're managing it with some prescribed meds from the Doctor.
Like any newborn, Eben is having a hard time adjusting to being home, and we're still adjusting as well.
His first full day home was yesterday, although Monday night was when we actually arrived home.
First & second nights have been pretty restless.
Being in NICU has him all mixed up, so he's sleeping an hour, then waking up hungry.
We were already pretty beat emotionally & physically from the worry of his breathing problem, plus the extended hospital stay.
Being home finally has been a bit better, and I'm sure as Eben gets used to being away from the nurses and check-ups he'll start to sleep & eat better too.
Anyone who's had a baby knows exactly what I'm talking about, so I won't waste my words whining, or complaining.
Honestly, moving my tools home was a good move as it will allow me to fill those odd hours between feeding, rocking, pooping, and crying with some actual professional work.
I figured I'd be back to the 7:30am-5pm schedule by today, but our extended stay due to Eben's health have kind of thrown those plans out of sync, but I think a few more days of the topsy-turvy will make a huge improvement.
I have received all of your calls, texts, and emails; I want you all to know that I appreciate them.
My sincere apologies for not responding quicker.
We've received an influx of calls and visits (which only makes for a much more tired mommy & daddy) but that was to be expected.
Both sides of our families were on pins & needles this whole time, so they're all anxious when it comes to updates about Eben.
Anyway, I think that's all the info I have for now.
I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out, but my head feels like it was kicked by a mule right now.
A re-boot could generate more deets.
I know I'm a bit off-radar right now, but I'll be in communication 100% real soon.
Again, thanks for the all the kindness... Now, I'm gonna try and steal myself a 30-45 minute nap.
Peace be with you. -OP

No comments: