May 29, 2010

An Ink And Water Color Sketch. "Super" In Name Only.

I've never used water colors before, but I went to Hobby Lobby with the family this afternoon and a cheap set of water color paints caught my eye. I experimented with an India Ink wash last week, so I kind of figured that this might be something like that. I wanted to start with something simple, so I picked "Supergirl."

Like most of the comic characters I do, I started with a quick pencil sketch first...


Then I moved on to the inks...


Added the India Ink wash...


And finally tried my hand with the water color...


For a first try, I'm pretty pleased. It's definitely like trying to control chaos, but I think that I could learn to like working in water color. If it anything, it was nice to do something different. I hope you folks dig it.

Enhanced by Zemanta