Feb 3, 2010

A Sketch Card Request That Goes "Beyond"

I'm in the middle of working on an ATC trade that includes 3 versions of James Bond, 3 Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters and 3 shots from Lucio Fulci films, like "Beyond." One request was that I make sure to include a sketch card of actress Catriona Maccoll. Now, I'm not familiar with Fulci's films, or Maccoll, but the images sent to me for reference were very interesting. I plan to dig up these films and give them a look-see. I wanted to take a stab at the Maccoll card tonight. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I don't think it's a terrible likeness to the actress (at least for a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Pentel Pocket Brush sketch). Anyway, I'm having fun with this ATC set. It's a bit challenging and it's a nice break from comic book characters. Now, time to go read my Wednesday pull. 

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

Great likeness! I am terrible at anything that actually resembles a living human being, so I totally appreciate the skill it takes to pull off something that looks like someone - especially when you aren't familiar with that person.