Jun 1, 2009

A Sweet Future for the Parker Brand

Oran Parker joins Sweet Spot Telemedia as Creative Services Director

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm no stranger to sticking things out and waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. Those same people will also tell you that I'm not one to wait too dang long for something to happen before I take action myself. I'm willing to step off the edge to get things moving, which is in complete alignment with my philosophy of creative momentum.

Now, sometimes things take their own course and the right action arises on it's own. The big trick is to be aware when it happens. That moment came for me recently in the form of an offer to join Judd Bares in his efforts to expand his company, Sweet Spot Telemedia, in creative and exciting new directions. The offer was too (dare I say it) sweet to refuse.

Joining Sweet Spot Telemedia as the Creative Services Director puts me in a position in which I can focus my talents in new directions while putting my existing skill set to good use. Anyone who has worked with me knows that I expect the best out of myself and those that I work with, while at the same time maintaining a high level of efficiency throughout the entire creative process. Judd and I have worked together on many projects over the past two years, including the 2009 ADDY Awards production, and I foresee many creative works coming to life as a result of the Bares/Parker team.

Leaving the employ of Peter O'Carroll and his O'Carroll Group was not a decision I made lightly. Working for Peter has been a good experience and I look forward to working with him and his team in the future.

My two and half years at O'Carroll Group has left me with plenty of fond memories, and has ingrained in me many strong marketing lessons that I will utilize as my professional career evolves. My final days at O'Carroll Group are once again reminding me that this is an advertising agency that has the salt to produce quality advertising that works.

I imagine that the coming weeks will be filled with good & healthy creative energy as I get closer to my final days as the Creative Director for Peter's group. As for my future with Judd's telemedia company? Well, I like to say that my personal brand of creative juice is always looking for an outlet and Sulphur seems to be just the spot to let it flow.

Expect some really sweet things to come.

-Oran

1 comment:

Pat Carroll Marcantel said...

All the best to you in your new position. One of your Twitter followers.

Pat Marcantel